Monday, May 2, 2011

Cinco de Mayo, Jazz etc!


Well it's already May! Unbelievable...the blue Bonnets have bloomed and faded already but now I'm enjoying the roses sweet scent! I adore spring time in Central Texas!
In my music world here's what's coming up...

On Thursday May 5th
CINCO DE MAYO with G.A.T.O. 6
featuring Suzi Stern
At: the Elephant Room
315 Congress Ave.
Austin, Texas 78701
(512) 473-2279
G.A.T.O.6 is: George Oldziey piano, Kris Afflerbaugh bass, Wayne Salzman drums, John Mills sax, Dennis Dotson trumpet and Toniko Vanelli percussion with Suzi Stern vocals


Looking ahead circle these exciting dates:

Fri. June 24th
Suzi Stern with the latin jazz group
G.A.T.O.6

The Elephant Room
315 Congress Ave.


The Premier Concert debuting the new space for the Casa Karen Concert Series
Sat. June 4th
with The Peter Stolzman Trio
Peter Stolzman piano, Pat Harris Bass, Steve Schwelling drums
Call (512) 459-9900 for details and reservations

Sunday June 26th
The New Suzi Stern Quartet
with George Oldziey piano, and from Dallas/ Ft. Worth Paul Unger bass and Dennis Durick drums

July 8th
Very Special secret surprise guest artist t.b.a. at Casa...keep your eye on this blog for details!

Hey speaking of this blogs please join my blog at blogger.com/suzistern OR visit my web at http://www.suzistern.com and click on "shows" for updates...that's super easy as well.

I have been in and out of the recording studio working on 2 different c.d. projects that will be released this year and I've been totally excited about both of them.
Also keep your eye on the new release produced by Chuck Pinnell due for release this spring. This c.d. is a beautiful collection of Americana songs arranged and performed by various Austin performers, which I am proud to be one of...I am joined by Eliza Gilkeson, John D.Graham, Erin Ivy to name only a few. I'm also jazzed about it because I never let people hear me play piano and I'm actually doing just that on my track.

Okay...be well and thanks for reading my blog! Hope to see you out supporting live music in Austin!

Happy spring!

Suzi