Sunday, February 14, 2021

Stop Action Obsession!


 This pandemic has been life changing and very hard in so many ways, but I feel truly fortunate that I can continue to teach online and that George's work is also manageable online. We are among the lucky ones. 

Our families are OK, we have a house to live in, we have food to eat, access to the internet which keeps our lines open to the world and our music. I know I have nothing to complain about, but the sameness from day to day and the isolation was getting me down which is why I think I got so excited about jumping into something very different...something that woke up a different part of my brain. 

Stop action animation!

 I'm on an obsessive jag and it's totally fun!  It takes freakin' forever to get 30 seconds of moving image but that's the Zen factor that I'm loving.  I space out, think of where the story is going and micro-cosmically move objects between clicks on my iphone....yep...my iphone!  

I have a nice "real" camera but it seemed like a grand challenge to take on...seeing if I can create a decent stop action animation using only my iphone. 

It's a learning curve for sure and I'm a beginner, but here are my first two short (like REALLY short) videos to share with you....music by my wonderful collaborator, the amazing George Oldziey!

This video at the top of this blog is called "String Love" and we'll dedicate it to Valentines Day. It was my first attempt at stop action.

And below the link will take you to my second attempt. It's called "Active Yeast"  about my experience trying to bake bread: 

 https://vimeo.com/511685470

I'm loving the process and I hope you'll enjoy the videos!

More to come as I figure it out!

Suzi