Thursday, January 19, 2017

Shadows and light

Keeping a personal promise to blog as often as possible about what's on my mind, I knew the night before America as we know it changes completely with the swearing in of DJT, this would be the  evening of all evenings that I must write.  I just finished a long day of teaching voice lessons to my incredible students. Several of them commented on how scared they were about what would happen after tomorrow.  I've never known an inauguration day that has filled so many people with fear and dread. Frankly I'm at a loss for what I can say that I haven't said so many times that I'm tired of hearing myself talk.
My dear friend Brad Buchholtz said it beautifully...giving me some hope moving forward, so I'll share it with you.
"I think it is time to stand together ‘for’ something . . . not necessarily ‘against’ Trump. But: For love, for justice, for compassion, for equality, for Black Lives Matter, for science, for the environment, for NATO, for art and education, for regulation to protect our air and water and land. . . all of it. . . It’s easy to say ‘yes’ to all of that. . . and it encourages inclusion.   Maybe those are the words. Two words. ‘Say Yes.’ As John Lennon sings, ‘Yes is the answer.’  
Thanks Brad.
I'll just say that life is filled with shadows and light. We need both of those elements. Here are some photos I took in "light" of that.
Love, peace, hope to you and thanks for reading my musings.
Suzi